2023 Tolland County CT Baseball League Rules
Rules For Majors:
* Standard LL international rules
* Consecutive batting order always. No variation of this rule of any kind.
* All players must play no less than 3 innings in the field.
* LL catching rules—no player can catch after throwing 40 pitches and no player can pitch if have already caught more than 3 innings in that game (One pitch caught in the 4th inning counts as an entire inning.)
* Little League pitch limits based on age (pitch counts should be shared between teams every ½ inning).
* Final pitch counts MUST be logged on the league Google Sheet that SAME DAY.
* No slash bunts.
* All teams must roster a minimum of 11 players. No exceptions.
* Team rosters are final. Pool players can be added if needed. ABSOLUTELY no pool player added to a team should pitch at any point during the game. A list of each league’s pool players must be shared prior to the start of the season.
* All towns agree to draft equitable teams (no “A teams” and “B teams”).
* There is no formal time limit on a game. Umpire will have the final call on when not to start a new inning based on darkness. Please use good judgment on when not to start a new inning. Player safety is the number one priority and playing in dark and unsafe conditions should not dictate the outcome of a game. 7:45pm is a good baseline number to keep in mind.
* After any official game, both teams will update scores to the designated league website/official for the purpose of keeping league standings current. This MUST be completed that same day.
* Winning team must contact JI to report names/scores. This should be completed that same day.
* Mercy Rule: The game will end if the winning team is ahead by 10 runs after 4 innings or 8 runs after 5 innings. There is absolutely no flex to this rule. Try to play a minimum of 4 innings whenever possible.
* A courtesy runner is allowed for catchers if desired. The runner MUST be the last out of that current inning.
* Home team is to supply game balls. At least 3 must be provided with the official LL stamp.
* Home team gets the field from 5:15-5:30 for infield/outfield. Away gets the field from 5:30-5:45. If the visiting team needs room to warm up when they arrive, please have your corner outfielder slide over to centerfield for I/O.
* For Any rainouts you must try to arrange to play the next day.
* Any tie for playoff seeding will be decided by coin flip if the season series was a split.